Tuesday, October 23, 2012

Fun moments...

 

 
 
Just so no one thinks I never get to have any fun in the middle of wedding planning I thought I'd share my favorite picture from the bridal shower some of my family threw for me last weekend.  I have to say it was a fun and festive shower (with some really cool presents).  In keeping with the 50's vibe we are trying to capture with pieces of our wedding the decorations were really fun and cool with a very retro feel.  It was a really fun day which ended in a fun if impromptu pizzia party with some of my dad's family at a local pizzeria.  I think my favorite part of the day though had to be when at my mom's suggestion the game where it was required to make a wedding dress out of toilet paper the models became the 4 little girls at the shower.  It was cool in several ways.  The different pieces of my life were represented in the picture you see above. 
Chloe, the little girl on the far left is the daughter of one of my childhood friends (ok, I'll even confess one of my crushes in  grade school) next to her is Dustin's niece, Shae.  On the other side of me, my families are represented as Breanna, the little girl right next to me is my cousin's daughter on my mom's side (I'm never good with the first and second cousin thing, so feel free to figure that out yourself) and last, but not least is Mary, one of my younger cousins on my dad's side.  It was kind of neat when I realized that I'm kind of in the middle of these little brides that represent the pieces of my life coming together which happened at my shower.  Friends and family came together representing so many pieces of time and relationships that have led to this moment I'm preparing for.  Kind of a cool way to sum up an entire bridal shower in one picture isn't it?

No comments:

Post a Comment