Sunday, September 2, 2012

Progress....

This week has been very eventful and productive.  As I mentioned in my last post it started out excitingly enough with the coming together of my bridesmaids dresses.  I feel like it was the beginning of a productive week where wedding preparations are concerned.  It started with the dresses and continued on a new idea for a reception venue, a wonderful deal on some decorations for the church and today an awesome deal on my Save the Date cards which actually go quite well with the theme that has developed out of our initial ideas.  It's funny how now that my initial meltdowns seem to be easing up and things start to come together I do find myself enjoying the planning more.  The lists don't feel quite so overwhelming and it's becoming fun to see our ideas start to take shape.  As things stand right now one of our new possibilities for a reception venue has more potential than I ever expected to find in a location and it has me believing as Dustin put in a text this week that maybe God is trying to give us a wedding we never dreamed would be ours as pieces come together in ways that surprise both of us.  It leaves me excited at the new pieces that come.  This week I'm looking forward to the first fitting for my dress and hopefully the nearing of an initial mock-up for our invitations from my creative genius.  From what I've seen so far they look pretty awesome!  Of course every time I go back to look at something only to find its on sale even cheaper I get just a little more excited about what the finished product looks like!  I feel like Dustin was right in pointing me toward my verse for the week....  Now to him who is able to do immeasurably more than all we ask or imagine... Ephesians 3: 20a  It's exciting seeing it come together in a way that just as my relationship with Dustin has been it's beyond anything my finite mind could dream up...

No comments:

Post a Comment