Tuesday, September 11, 2012

Interesting Observations....

I've found myself thinking a lot the last week.  Which actually accounts for the fact I haven't posted.  Well, that along with being busy with wedding details.  I've found myself thinking a lot as details involving a wedding demand to be dealt with and the question begins to be asked what is it that you want your wedding to be like?  It's funny because had anyone asked that question prior to my meeting Dustin I could have told you in detail from the invitations to the bridesmaid dresses to my own gown.  Now people ask and I find myself stuck...  The important thing...  The thing that truly means something to me is marrying the man I love.  The other things are details that aren't that important to me anymore.  Not to say I don't want a nice wedding or that there aren't things that won't make it special, but I have found there is a difference in thinking about one's wedding in abstracts and actually planning it as a couple.  Especially when you're part of a couple which consists of an architect.... For me it tends to mean that one's groom is not exactly uninvolved....lol.  I've discovered something though...  I like having a groom who takes an active role in wedding planning.  I feel like it gives me a small taste of what marriage is like.  I sometimes think maybe it's in part that I've been alone for so long that I appreciate being part of a couple.  To me it means the more I let myself believe the truth, the more I realize that I'm not alone in this endeavour that feels huge at times.  Not to say that I'm not surrounded with friends and family wanting to help, but in Dustin I somehow find my balance.  In the middle of all of the planning and arranging and busyness of wedding preparation I find that God has provided me with someone who makes me believe in the middle of insanity that everything is going to turn out better than either of us could ever dream.  I find I'm definitely not a traditional bride as I truly want his input and opinion. I find that I'm quite alright with handing over responsibilities and letting him take the lead on the parts that are important to him.  The interesting thing is that in the end it seems to be becoming the trend that the finished product is shared effort and ideas.

No comments:

Post a Comment