Monday, August 6, 2012

Normal...

It's funny how different people can be telling you something over and over, but suddenly one person says the exact thing that gets through to you.  For me my friend Raegan happened to be that person.  Somehow the thing that many people had been telling me clicked.  It kind of feels like I've finally walked out of the fog that has been the last month and found my normal again.  Thanks to Raegan I had the moment I've been looking for where I realized that needed to snap out it.  It's like by that falling into place I feel like myself again.  I found my normal again.  It's like in finding that the fact that I've realized that I needed to find some way to set boundaries in the middle of all of this has fallen into place.  But even more than that I realized something really important about myself....  If I don't watch it I ask too much from Dustin.  I think that's some of what blindsided me a little that sudden change in me that seemed to want to equate engagement with his time is my time.  That conversation with Raegan actually helped remind me of the need to encourage him to have his time and space.  The funny thing???  That particular subject did not even remotely come up in our conversation, but the things that did helped me start to feel like myself again which in turn made me realize the things that started to shift in my approach to our relationship.  The other funny thing was that by that shift taking place other things started to change in my approach to work, wedding plans and a variety of things.  It's one of those things that continues to amaze me the way God sends just the person into our lives at the exact time we need them and builds the relationship where it needs to be for just the exact moment such as Sunday.  Try telling me something is too small to warrant God's interest....  I think not!!

No comments:

Post a Comment