Thursday, August 9, 2012

The Ring....

So a very strange way to start a blog post, but tonight I observed that I really felt my ring needed cleaned so it would sparkle more.  I said as much to Dustin who then proceeded to collect everything necessary to accomplishing the task and clean my ring.  It sparkles again!!  Which leads me to think about the upkeep that goes into keeping the sparkle, shine and beauty in the ring.  It strikes me that my ring actually represents a lot more than just the promise of a future together.  It can serve as a reminder that if I don't make sure to do regular upkeep on the relationship that it can lose its brilliance.  The thing I've realized this week is that as hard as it can be sometimes it can mean encouraging Dustin to spend time doing things that take him away from me.  That can be really hard on the occasions that It feels like I've waited so long now I want every minute possible with him.  There are times I don't quite get it right.  There are times like many in the last month that I do forget that he needs a chance to regroup.  Thankfully God manages to send someone along to remind me of it just when I need that help to focus on Dustin's needs and not just what I want.  Of course now I also have a ring to remind me of that little fact as well...

No comments:

Post a Comment