Monday, August 6, 2012

Be Still........

So Dustin made the observation yesterday that we had now been engaged a month.  It's hard to believe!!  I'm not sure if it was the feeling that I had very little done or what exactly it was, but I found myself feeling off a little after that observation.  Not that I don't love being engaged, but there was something that threw me off at realizing we had been engaged for a month.  I'm still not completely for sure what exactly it was that had me feeling off by that observation.  I tend to suspect that it was a combination of the rather lengthy to do list of non-wedding related things in addition to the little things that were wedding related that it seemed were being asked on a regular basis that added to a feeling of stress that even Dustin in his constant support and assurance we'd work through it together and figure it out couldn't quite remove.  There's just something that being asked the same question multiple times that merely adds to my anxiety level.  It really doesn't matter if the question is being asked by four different people over the period of a week it's the repeating the same answer that is no answer that gets to you.  Kind of makes you feel like you're failing the test that you didn't know was coming.  Some really awesome things happened this weekend though...  Nearly everything on the lengthy to do list was completed.  With Dustin's help they all fell into place and I end up with this sense of accomplishment!  The other thing is I found out a lot of things are coming along better than I realized.  The initial steps of my dress have been started and with any luck the initial sample will be done sooner than expected!  I had the opportunity to look at one possible location for a reception venue.  Even better I had that comforting offer of help when a chance conversation at church provided me with a resource for information on another possible venue.  That conversation as brief as it might have been turned the tide on the overwhelmed feeling I had been experiencing.  That moment and the relief and feeling of friendship it brought with it allowed me to finally feel a sense of hope that things would come together after all and allowed me to realize the pieces that had started.  Thanks to my little flower girl I find myself excited at the thought of "looking for sparkly dress and shoes" so she looks like a princess.  As the message this morning instructed thanks once more to Sarah I found myself able in some way to be still and really see what God was doing around me and to realize that just as with Dustin and I meeting, dating and becoming engaged He's working those details and timing out.  I just need to slow down and be still and absorb it...

No comments:

Post a Comment