Sunday, July 15, 2012

Learning just a little more....

I think maybe all of the excitement of the last week has caught up with me finally.  I find myself at 10 pm thinking bed sounds awfully good right about now.  I do feel that a lot has been accomplished in the last week though.  I have decided having the budget hammered out to a number that feels doable and with a few more details to work out having that feeling that we are nearing the point of setting an actual date leaves me feeling so relaxed I'm nearly falling asleep as I write this.  I'm sure there will be days in the coming months that sleep does not come easily, but tonight after a much needed restful Sunday I find myself feeling content and happy.  I think in some part it's due to the discussion that once more surrounded the setting of an actual date.  It has left me feeling that we are doing things right in taking so much time for thought and prayer.  Sure there are the times I get frustrated at the periods that things seem to be in limbo.  I think that's why God put us together though.  Our approaches to the question are different enough that we truly end up examining just about every angle possible.  Discussing, debating, sharing opinions all to determine whether we are both in agreement on the next step.  The moments like this where he wants to deliberate and I'm ready to move forward are moments that draw us closer together by the way we learn to see the others view, ask their opinion and share our thoughts about why something works, why it doesn't and bounce other possible ideas off of one another for discussion and prayer.  These moments in working to get to that answer that God has to our question together end up leaving me feeling that I have had a small glimpse into why these things happen, why some answers take so long.  They are meant to give us an opportunity to understand one another a little better and in doing so make our relationship just a little stronger. 

No comments:

Post a Comment