Monday, July 16, 2012

The Blessing called Wait....

Today is a day that made me once again thankful that I listened to God's quick response to my initial desire for a quick end to the chapter of our story titled engagement.  Tonight was a blessing as God showed me that he's put together a support system for me that's amazing!  At times there are moments when I can become terrified that I'm largely responsible for a wedding.... A wedding!!!  That the ideas I have are too much.  Moments that I feel the fact that rather than being in my hometown where I know what is available, I'm in this unknown little town where I can't exactly call my mom for advice on where to get this or who is a good person to ask for this.  Moments like that I feel lost....  Not exactly for sure what to do.  I feel like Alice asking the Cheshire cat which way to go.  God showed me something tonight though....  As I mentioned before sometimes I struggle with how long some things can take Dustin to sort through, but tonight showed me that the fact we took a while to start dating and the fact we dated so long were part of God's timing in setting up the support system I would need at just this time.  There's an awesome talent my Mom has.  She always seems to know the odd little things in my hometown.  Where to go for the best deals on nearly anything you can think of, where you can find space to have nearly any kind of party cheaply.  Thinking of the magnitude of planning a wedding I feel a little overwhelmed at times at the thought that my Mom can't answer all of those questions for me this time around.  Now don't get me wrong, my mother would be here in a heartbeat to help, support, plan, make decorations, but there's a lot of effort that goes into planning those things from a distance and one thing that I want to enjoy during this time are the memories and special moments rather than everything always being a rush to a final date.  Tonight God showed me something really awesome!  He gave me a glimpse of the people he's surrounded me with that have the exact unique talents and contacts I need to make getting the information easier and getting the projects done gradually rather than rushing at top speed.  I start to see where he has sent other people down paths and then into my life for just this moment.  He's provided all the resources so that rather than rushing around like crazy when my mom comes to help with those projects and preparations it can go at a slower more enjoyable speed thanks to the awesome friends and future family he has sent into my life.  I find myself feeling very blessed right now! 

No comments:

Post a Comment