Tuesday, July 17, 2012

Focus...

I have decided that the concept of being a bride must bring out something in a girl.  Now this would be because as the girl who has never really been interested in reality shows and reality shows about weddings... No thank you...  I now find myself watching them like some part of a routine... There was just something about watching other people plan their wedding that just did not appeal to me.  Now that I'm planning my wedding I find myself watching My Fair Wedding as if it were a beloved sitcom.   There is something I find fascinating.  Maybe it's the common theme that seems to run through each episode.  The reminder that this experience is not one I will repeat.  It's a once in a lifetime moment.  I feel that at times that is a focus I lose track of.  That I need that reminder that I need to enjoy every moment rather than let myself get could up in the drama of seconds.  Sometimes it feels like I go through extreme swings before I find the balance of what's important and what to let go of.  Maybe the happy look of a bride who has had her magic moment that brings a certain hope.  It makes me think a little differently of all of the parables and illustrations used in the Bible from Solomon to Jesus.  There is a certain hope, happiness and joy that surrounds a bride and wedding.  What kind of celebration is the wedding if you've exhausted yourself emotionally and physically before the wedding?  Everyone has their horror Bridezilla stories of the nightmare bride, but the stories we love the best are the happy, joyful bridal story where the theme of love conquers all and a hope for the future is the positive view we are left with.  I think there is something in the story of a couple starting a new life together that inspires.  I think maybe that explains my recent obsession with my Netflix selection of choice.  I need the reminders that are shared with each and every bride to keep my focus right.  To help return my focus oddly enough to a spiritual aspect of the situation.  Somehow I don't think that's probably the original intent behind the show, but it brings a certain visual and spiritual focus to my world at a moment I need it most.

No comments:

Post a Comment