Tuesday, July 24, 2012

Wedding Free Days....

I love it when God sends awesome ideas through unexpected sources.  The theme of my day today has been slow down and take it easy!  It's a fault I feel I'm continually working on, but somehow I get to the end of today and realize God has put me in constant contact with people who aren't afraid to remind me of that when I need it.  I have an awesome co-worker that I share an office with.  Having Tammy around is like finally having the older sister I never had.  Tammy serves as a voice of reason on occasion, a source of excitement at other times and yet other times like today she serves as a wealth of wonderful ideas.  Today's suggestion...   Having certain designated "wedding free" days.  Days that wedding planning is laid to the side and I take time to enjoy this time with Dustin and make those memories for later.  I did realize after her suggestion that the best parts of the night before had occurred to before thoughts of wedding preparations intruded on our evening.  So I decided Tammy was so right!  I didn't want to get to February 16th and be fed up and sick of wedding details, talk, etc (and to be honest it's starting to happen already!).  So I decided to take her advice as a message from God and to take time to breathe.  Take time to not focus on cakes, invitations, venues.  To let God start to work the details out (fortunately He's put Tammy in an office with me Monday through Friday so those reminders come on a regular basis).  Of course what do I find?  When we set down to crunch numbers based on current data... Some of those headaches I was getting had already started to take care of themselves.  I'll learn one day....

No comments:

Post a Comment