Monday, July 23, 2012

The World of Weddings...

I have decided that if I survive to my wedding that after all of the episodes of My Fair Wedding I will have watched I will be quite proficient in wedding etiquette.  So far I have learned to avoid canary yellow for bridesmaids.  I have learned that sponges as flowers and bouquets made out of lollipops are not acceptable.  I am now watching the one episode which I believe might be my favorite as it draws its inspiration from the 1950's.  Now I do believe it's a little more formal than I anticipate my own being.  Somehow I'm not seeing myself pulling out a budget that will cover thousands of roses...  One thing I've noticed is that never will I have a wedding quite like that.  Watching this episode though I think I'd like a 1950's style black and white check dance floor....  Wonder if I can find anyone to create that for me? lol  Oh!  I also ended up learning the correct way to feed cake to my future husband tonight...  (You know the way that involves NOT shoving it in his face...)  It's funny because I find myself now watching episodes of this show regularly.  I think my dream right now is that David Tutera shows up and just miraculously offers to put together a wedding that requires nothing of me.  I show up vet a few dresses, eat a little food, look at some gorgeous jewelry and I'm done.  Right now that's sounding pretty good to me!  So I believe I shall go to bed and dream about the fabulous 50's inspired wedding that is going to miraculously happen for me and maybe tomorrow I'll be ready to tackle what seems like an endless list of things to do and questions to answer....  Or maybe one of my awesome friends will sign me up to be on the next season of a wedding reality show and I'll wake up to find my dream has come true... Oh, well... Everyone's entitled to a few pipe dreams!

No comments:

Post a Comment