Wednesday, July 25, 2012

Suggestions Welcome...

So today I found myself thinking about the adjustments that married life will bring into the lives of Dustin and myself.  It was brought about by the simple comment that he made upon realizing my choice of food for supper was cereal.  Now I can't say I was ever really a fan of cereal when I was younger, but somehow since I've gotten a little older it's become a very convenient meal at the times that cooking is just too much of a stretch.  Anyway...  his comment coupled with some observations made by a couple of co-workers made me think about what some of those changes look like.  Somehow I have a feeling that my tendency to rush getting ready in the morning and leaving a trail like a little tornado in my wake will probably be one of those little quirks that will take some adjusting and compromise. Part of me realizes that getting ready for a wedding is showing us some very interesting things about one another.  Give him a project that design related and he's all about it.  So it's very easy for me to hand over invitations and cake selection to the artist and not worry about what any of it looks like or what happens with it (ok I'll admit I'll probably have a need to touch base and follow up on it, but for the most part other than a check to confirm timing I think I'll be fine).  Other pieces I find I might need to have opinions from other people (a.k.a women) as his answer reflects his love of simplistic design.  I have a feeling ceremony planning left to Dustin would leave me wondering why we bother wasting money on a ceremony when a courthouse or even the pastors office would have served the purpose just as well...lol.  Princess Kate's wedding I do not need, but I think my ceremony will be slightly more fleshed out than running everyone down the aisle exchanging a few words and running back down the aisle...  I started an interesting devotional today.  It talked about celebrating the uniqueness of you as a couple for your wedding.  It strikes me as I definitely want that and that is what so many things that I want to do stem from.  Now to figure out how that translates into the actual ceremony...   I'm more than open to ideas from anyone who would like to share things that made their ceremony special.  I'm looking for ways to adapt tradition or even alter it to make it uniquely suit us as a couple so comments are welcome of things you might have done or have seen done.

No comments:

Post a Comment