Saturday, July 14, 2012

Advice to Future Brides....

I actually contemplated not posting today, but I find myself deciding that one short piece of advice is warranted.  Pick your maid of honor wisely!!  I've read that piece of advice so many times it's not funny, but I've always taken it with a grain of salt.  Today I've realized how important a role that right hand girl can play!  My choice of matron of honor was set early on and well over a year before Dustin even thought about proposing, but my best and oldest friend was always the one to be my Girl Friday on that special day.  Today I realized what a good choice it was as the years spent building the relationship showed itself in the one thing I've always said about her that I could call at anytime and she'd be there!  Distance might mean that she's not there for some of the hands on preparation that goes into the wedding, but there's not a doubt in my mind that she will be there for me encouraging and supporting and taking more of those 1 am calls to remind me that things aren't as crazy as they seem at them moment.  So to any future brides reading this....  Choose your maid of honor wisely... You might need her to talk you in off the ledge rather than push you off! :-)

No comments:

Post a Comment