Thursday, July 19, 2012

The Blessing of Technology...

Technology is AWESOME!!!  I just hung up the phone from some really fun girl time with my matron of honor.  It's funny how some people might insist that there is a certain charm that is lost in the age of technology.  That people are not as close because of iPhones, iPads, computers, texting, email, etc.  I think my life in the last couple of years has convinced me that technology is what you make it.  Email and Facebook are two things that have helped carry a friendship through 20+ years with Faith, my maid of honor.  What started out as childhood pen pals has proved to be one of my longest lasting and most cherished friendships thanks to the technology of email, Facebook and texting.  Thanks to the technology of the Internet we were able to spend some time looking online at dresses and chatting about styles and ideas.  Ok, so there might be a few bride/matron of honor traditions that are a little different due to the distance in preparing for a wedding when your matron of honor lives in another country, but I find myself at the end of the day once again excited about the wedding when earlier in the day I was thinking that a wedding in Vegas with Elvis officiating might not be a bad thing after all since it would remove the stress of planning a wedding, but after the excitement of some quality phone time with my friend the reality of how special my wedding day will be takes on a different meaning as the pieces start to come together that make it a reality.  I know there will be more moments in the coming months that have me in freak out mode thinking that being serenade by your officiant singing Love Me Tender to the bridal couple might not be a bad thing after all, but I'm coming to realize that as the beginning strains of that particular ballad come to mind God sends the person I need to remind me that there's a purpose behind the stress and strain of the moment.  Sometimes I think it's because through them I learn to appreciate the moments that happen with friends, I better appreciate the fact that my Mom is willing to rearrange her life to be here if I need her and they're moments that draw me closer to my future husband as I walk into the house to find he's surprised me yet again with flowers, a happy and fed puppy and a hug to let me know he realized I was struggling.... 

No comments:

Post a Comment