Monday, July 30, 2012

Somber Thoughts...

Today finds me rather somber....  Friends of mine have just lost their beautiful baby boy.  For some reason I find that it leaves me thinking of the more serious side that comes after the wedding.  The pieces that the deeper conversations such as last night's discussion about children and finances begin to build toward.  Maybe our discussion on children last night is what leaves me feeling rather somber today since little Logan was part of the reason our discussion started.  I think it's left Dustin and I both feeling the responsibility that comes with thinking about what comes after the wedding happens as you begin to contemplate the thought of a family.  So...  Rather than a lengthy post from me I find myself sharing my friend Amanda's last 2 posts regarding Logan pictures and all.  Please keep Amanda and her husband Chris in your prayers.


Confessions of a Heart Mom #387

image
We are headed to the hospital tomorrow. This will be our last night home for a while. And I must confess there are a myriad of thoughts running through my head. I am wondering if Logan will come home with us. Is this our last night with him? I have spent the past several days trying my hardest to memorize as much about him as possible. The way he folds his hands in front of him when he sleeps, his uncanny ability to always kick one sock off. He loves to try and stick his whole hand in his mouth right now, and it is the cutest thing. When he lays over his boppy, he loves to throw one arm over and just let it dangle. He has so many weird quirks that its hard to memorize them all, but he never ceases to make me smile.
I am so scared about this week. The unknown is looming before me, and it is so terrifying. I don’t know what I will do if I lose my Logi Bear. I am sick to my stomach.
I am once again in a position where I have to learn how to put my whole trust in the Lord. It is so hard right now, because I just want to know what is going to happen. I have spent the past few days begging God to let us keep this special gift he has given us. I love him with my whole being.
Lately I have been thinking about all of the miracles Jesus performed in the Bible. I have always loved to hear them and read about them, but these days they hold a very special place in my heart. Some of the miracles Jesus did were because people came and begged him with an unwavering faith. I have been doing that. I keep saying “Help thou mine unbelief.” I know that no matter the outcome a miracle will happen, but I am asking specifically for the miracle of life. He has saved Logan’s life twice now, and He can do it again!!!!
Tomorrow is Logi’s heart cath, and we will find out the exact time of the surgery as well. The procedure tomorrow will be around 11:30. Thank you so much for the prayers, we believe and take comfort in the truth that God is in control and nothing about these next couple of days will be a surprise to Him. And no matter what the outcome He is still so so Good!!!!
God is so good….He’s so good to me.
image





Home sweet Home

Our sweet baby went home to be with Jesus this morning..we are so confused and hurting so badly, but.we know a peace and comfort that is beyond understanding. Thank you for all your prayers we will.covet them now more than ever.
Logan is still a miracle and he is where there is no more pain. And.he now has a whole heart. Though I am sure he is just as high maintenance as ever. Jesus is going to have his hands full!!!!
God is good, and we will get through this leaning on him one step at a time

No comments:

Post a Comment